PDA

View Full Version : How I became a Vegan Rawkstar!

chefrawkstar
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I was 15 soon to be 16 and I feel in love with a boy I met at a Unitarian Universalist youth conference. At the time I was a vegetarian. My mom and I decided to become veggie together and work on living a more simple life. Including moving away from my dad, whom was going through some interesting life issues and just needed space. So during this conference this boy handed me a dessert he had made himself and told me to try it. I feel in love with it and he started to talk to me more about veganism and animal activism. He opened my eyes to the cruelty to animals that I didn't know existed.

I had had other people in my life before I met this boy that tried to get me to become vegan. But I just needed that one little extra nudge.
And since that day I've been vegan, which as been about 6 years.

I'm lactose intolerant, and have always had an allergy to meat. I guess my gall bladder didn't produce enough enzymes to break down meat. But hey! I'm happy and healthy and I'm working on becoming a chef and will open my own awesome eatery called "Rawkstar Diner." It'll be cool!

Peace yo,
Rawkstar

KaliMama
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome! :sunny:

Taaitaai
08-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Welcome, Rawkstar, and be sure to post the address of your diner on the forum... :cool:.

La Végétalienne
08-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I feel in love with a boy I met at a Unitarian Universalist youth conference.

Welcome! A UU Con played an important role in my transition, too! (What is your district?) But unfortunately, unlike you, it took me 6 more years to finally make the decision. Did things work out between you and the boy?

Emiloid
08-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Sounds great, chefrawkstar. :) Welcome!

sitting_vegan
08-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Welcome!

Dugan
08-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Welcome.

VegeTexan
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome to VRF.