PDA

View Full Version : Sooper Sekrut Jaxin Move?

jaxin
06-10-2008, 06:45 PM
It's still in the tentative stages, but I think I'm coming to Seattle for a few months. I'm so excited at the thought I want to EXPLODE, I just had to say something hehe.

(And yes yes, I know I'm never around any more!)

Theres a chance if it all goes well I might be moving there for longer if I find a good job and all. :D

Anyway, so I'll be super excited to meet up with the Seattle peeps this time around since when i was up there a year and a half ago it didn't quite work out. (Things were a bit strange eh. )

WOOOPIIEE! I totally hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying something!

Does anyone belong to any meetup groups in Seattle? I have a friend that already lives there (which is why Im going) and she hasn't met up with any vegans in the ~5 months she's been living there! Poor girl.

seitanicvegan
06-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Woo hoo! And good luck with the job prospects.

lamb
06-10-2008, 08:45 PM
I totally read this is "sooper sekrut jaxin movie" haha I was like holy cow you're making a movie?!

But Seattle is equally exciting! It will definately be awesome, good luck!

Emiloid
06-10-2008, 09:27 PM
I totally read this is "sooper sekrut jaxin movie" haha I was like holy cow you're making a movie?!
That's exactly what I thought! :laugh:

And jaxin, I used to live in Seattle. It was really cool for a city! There was a vegan meetup group at the time. I went to a couple of meetings and met a few people that way. Then I moved. :p

It's a good place for vegans. They have a great bus system, too. If you have to go into the city, I would definitely recommend taking the bus. Driving (or rather, parking) is the pits. That's my tip for the place. Hope your relocation works out!

Miso Vegan
06-11-2008, 12:17 AM

Meeee, too! And I was like, "huh, why is it in the Seatle forum? Is she filming it in Seattle?" And I still didn't figure it out on my own, I had to read vegan lamb's post to put it all together. :dunce:

So, anyway, about the actual topic ....

YAYYYYY!!!!

We are going to have so. much. fun!!!

jaxin
06-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Haha! I didn't even think about the title causing a mixup. Maybe I could get a camera and make a movie about it. ;)

Miso! I am totally psyched about being up there! I just wish it was happening RIGHT NOW! I'm so ready to be out of this miserable town and on to somewhere more fun. :D

I'll actually be in Marysville, which I know is pretty far out of the city. But I'm positive I'll be in Seattle a ton. The girl I'll be staying with (whos in my avatar!) commutes to the city every day and I'm sure I'll be riding the bus in with her for sight seeing, and checking out my job prospects.

If I end up staying I'll definitely be looking to actually live closer in to the city. Commuting is lame. Especially 40 minutes or whatever it is out to Marysville. (Been there and done that when I lived in Connecticut!)

Miso Vegan
06-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeahhhhh..... Marysville sucks.

:p

jaxin
08-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Next month!! :D

I'm so excited I could EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miso Vegan
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM
SRSLY?! I was waiting for this thread to be bumped but I didn't know you'd be arriving so soon!!

:banana:

jaxin
08-07-2008, 05:46 PM
I know!!! I want to go up the first week of Sept, but I don't think money will allow it. Booo!!

We'll see. If not, more like middle-ish of the month. I'm totally going to have to have a big dinner with all of my Seattle-ish friends when I get there. <3

I'm so excited, but a little scared and nervous too. But I think thats normal. And possibly part of the fun. :D

jaxin
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Looks like I'll arrive on the 4th or 5th!! Money is going to be super tight, but darnit!! I'm going to make it happen. :D Already put in notice at work, and Im packing.

WEE!! <3

sitting_vegan
08-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Congrats Jaxin! Rock on.

Miso Vegan
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

jaxin
08-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm starting my trip up in less than two days! This is craziness!! :D

So much packing.

Emiloid
08-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Have a great trip!

jaxin
09-03-2008, 02:09 AM
Gonna be in Portland for the next two days then off to Seattle. yay. I'm spending the evening in Medord before I head up.

veganshawn
09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Any plans on where you are going to eat at?

jaxin
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm going to The Bye & Bye tonight with people from that "other forum." I dunno what plans are after that yet.

Probably going to head to Vita tomorrow morning-ish for Chicken Fried Tempeh. I can't get out of town without having it. :p

quagga
09-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Probably going to head to Vita tomorrow morning-ish for Chicken Fried Tempeh. I can't get out of town without having it. :p

:yes:!

mishka
09-03-2008, 07:13 PM

aw man. :drool:

veganshawn
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm going to The Bye & Bye tonight with people from that "other forum." I dunno what plans are after that yet.

Screw that other forum :) The Chicken Fried Tempeh is amazing!

jaxin
09-04-2008, 03:40 AM
:yes:!

aw man. :drool:

The Chicken Fried Tempeh is amazing!

Ugh! TOO AMAZING. Last time I was here (only 3.5 days) I went and had it THREE TIMES.

I had the Meatball Sub and brussel sprouts tonight at The Bye & Bye. Everyone ordered the same thing.. I commented that only vegans would get that excited about a side dish of brussel sprouts. :P

phloxy
09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Hope your move is going well, Jaxin!!

jaxin
09-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Hope your move is going well, Jaxin!!

Thanks! It is!

I'm now sitting in a Starbucks in Seattle!!!! :D Waiting for a friend of mine to get out of work <3 Craziness. I can't believe I'm here!!

Miso Vegan
09-05-2008, 07:24 PM

(except for the "Starbucks" part. I cannot condone that. :p)

jaxin
09-05-2008, 07:32 PM

(except for the "Starbucks" part. I cannot condone that. :p)

:p Well it's a place I knew I could find that had WiFi I could use.

I'm imagining that banana saying repeatedly as he dances "seee-at-ull, see-at-ull, seee-at-ulll" :laugh:

KaliMama
09-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Yay! That's so awesome! Is it raining? :laugh:

Dandelion
09-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Yay! That's so awesome! Is it raining drizzling.? :laugh:

*fixed*

;)

KaliMama
09-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Right! Thanks. :)

Dugan
09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Yay, Jaxin!

I've heard one joke about Seattle weather: Yes, it rains a lot. But it's a dry rain.

Miso Vegan
09-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Funny, Dugan.

Funny, all y'all.

It happens to be PERFECT here and we are promised a PERFECT weekend, and a nearly PERFECT September. Definition of "perfect:" mid 70s, clear, sun with light breeze.
So there!

jaxin
09-06-2008, 03:46 AM
It happens to be PERFECT here and we are promised a PERFECT weekend, and a nearly PERFECT September. Definition of "perfect:" mid 70s, clear, sun with light breeze.
So there!

Yeah it was really beautiful when I came in to town, got a teeny bit cloudy for a while, but then it cleared up again.

Thank dog for nice weather!! No more of that 105 degree junk!

Dugan
09-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Miso's Revenge: tropical storm Hanna is making our weather drizzly, muggy, and will be in full down pour mode for our 3 hour drive tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry!

KaliMama
09-06-2008, 05:30 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

:blank:

:looks at the sky:

Miso Vegan
09-07-2008, 12:23 AM
:whistles innocently:

KaliMama
09-07-2008, 02:50 AM
:looks for an umbrella:

JohnnyZu
09-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Jaxin, congrats on your move to Seattle! I've been to Bakersfield once...ONCE.

I was in Seattle for only a week, but I really liked it.
-J

P.S. I think you're supposed to say it rains all the time.

jaxin
09-20-2008, 03:36 AM
Once is enough for anyone.

It was cloudy and drizzled today for the first time since I got here. :D Weee.

jaxin
10-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Well, In a strange turn of events... the move turned out to be a bust! Nothing bad, just some things didn't work out. No ones fault, it's just for the best!

So I'm back here in Bakersfield for now. :) Disappointing but I'll move on.

Miso Vegan
10-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Dammitall!!!!! I never even got to meet you! :mad:

mishka
10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
aw, moving stinks. Sorry you had to do it again so soon.

phloxy
10-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Hang in there, jaxin. Sorry to hear that things didn't work out as you had hoped.

KaliMama
10-13-2008, 02:42 AM
:umm: I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out.

jaxin
10-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks guys.

Dammitall!!!!! I never even got to meet you! :mad:

I know! I ended up in a situation where it was like I had to leave within a couple days. (Semi-complicated financial issue together with some other situations.) So I didn't get to see several people I wanted to. :(

I'll make it up again! I have too many friends in that area not too!