PDA

View Full Version : What's on your wish list?

bumblebee
04-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Here's my and my husband's:
1. Nice furniture for our family room.
2. A new compact car, probably a Civic.
3. A special trip for me, my husband and our two youngest.
4. A water filtration system for our home.
5 Solar panels.

Please share yours, and feel free to expand on mine. If anyone has any grand idea about where to take our 11 & 14 before they won't be seen with us, that would be great. I guess it needs to be somewhere in the US with the dollar being so weak.

Miso Vegan
04-16-2008, 01:15 AM
In this order:
Mini wind turbine.
Solar panels.
water catchment system.
greenhouse.
electric car(s).
renovated house.

bumblebee
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
intrigued by electric car...info?

Miso Vegan
04-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Well they're not available yet, but I think next year - or was it 2010? that they'll be here. I would accept an air-powered car as a substitute. I'm reasonable. :)

I forgot to put on my list, piano lessons for my son (and while we're wishing, I'd wish that he will love the piano lessons.).

Dugan
04-19-2008, 05:11 PM
That a slow horribly painful death wasn't the only possibility in my mom's future
That the family would truly reconcile

On a more selfish note...
A GPS for hiking (thanks to a generous birthday gift this may soon be a reality - except I'm torn between the DeLorme Earthmate PN-20 (http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item=27626&section=10051&promotion=) and the Garmin 60CSx (https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=145&pID=310).
Reshingled roof
Insulated garage door
Fenced yard (for Da Boyz)
Plant veggies and herbs

That magic house cleaning elves would live in the attic...

seitanicvegan
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
An energy efficient house (of my own)
An energy efficient car
A full-time job :umm:
A Rat Room
Winning Lotto numbers ;)

TressaLou
04-19-2008, 06:38 PM
A part-time counseling job someplace closeby
A publisher for my book
Someone with whom to share my life

lamb
04-19-2008, 07:38 PM
-a spice rack (i can't believe they're 30$, redic!)
-an electric car
-free or drastically reduced airfare so I could travel when/where I wanted

Oatmeal Girl
04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
1. new vegan running shoes
2. a rack mounted on my bike
2. a vegan soft-serve machine in milwaukee
3. a vegan, environmentalist, anti-consumer, non-drug using, bike loving, kitty loving boyfriend.

probably in that order. is that too much to ask?

TressaLou
04-19-2008, 11:30 PM
3. a vegan, environmentalist, anti-consumer, non-drug using, bike loving, kitty loving boyfriend.

is that too much to ask?

This one probably is... although I'm looking for pretty much the exact same thing! Here's to wishing :happy:

chikara_no_tori
04-20-2008, 08:49 AM
lol--can i wish that the guy i already have suddenly wakes up one day and becomes a vegan, non-smoking, animal-rights, enviromentally concerned guy?

hmm...so much for wishing :laugh:

TressaLou
04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Hey, we all can have our dreams, can't we? ;)

Oatmeal Girl
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM
I think they're out there somewhere, but there's definitely a huge shortage. I'll keep looking but in the mean time, I'd really like that soft-serve machine...

bluedawg
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Oatmeal Girl, lixx on downer used to have vegan soft-serve... it was some kind of "tea infusion" or something like that, but it was nondairy and it was GOOD! i haven't been there in awhile, but the last time i was there they were having supply issues or summat, so it was touch-and-go. not sure if they ever sorted that out, but it might be worth checking and/or asking and/or pestering about!

Emiloid
04-24-2008, 11:55 PM
I'd like three-day weekends and 34-hour days (with 8 to 10 hours of sleep each day). Also, the ability to do long-term planning really well. And a pottery wheel.

Aw heck! Once I break the pottery wheel barrier, what don't I wish for?!? :p

nauthiz
04-25-2008, 12:04 AM
1. A cookie
2. Some sort of "belt line" that goes around the outside of Chicago so I can take the train to the west side without having to go all the way downtown and transferring
3. A new pair of jeans

Oatmeal Girl
04-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Oatmeal Girl, lixx on downer used to have vegan soft-serve... it was some kind of "tea infusion" or something like that, but it was nondairy and it was GOOD! i haven't been there in awhile, but the last time i was there they were having supply issues or summat, so it was touch-and-go. not sure if they ever sorted that out, but it might be worth checking and/or asking and/or pestering about!

Ooooh, I think an outing may be in order...;)

TressaLou
04-25-2008, 09:40 PM
I have a new item to add to my wish list: a really awesome means of public transportation in my city, whether it be bus or subway. I'm so sick of spending all my money on gasoline!

Oatmeal Girl
04-25-2008, 09:47 PM
I want a personal assistant who will sit beside me and slap my hand every time i reach for the bag of vegan chocolate chips (that i bought for baking and not for snacking!)

bluedawg
04-25-2008, 09:59 PM
pick me, pick me! i'll eat them for you. ;)

Oatmeal Girl
04-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Perfect! Can you be here about 20 minutes ago?

I'm pm-ing you about the potluck!