PDA

View Full Version : My Vegan Reasons

GirlWithAConscience
03-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Ok, I am going to try to keep this as short as I can because I am sure that lots of other people have more interesting stories than me and I don't like to talk about negative vegan issues in detail as they upset me, as you will soon see:

I have always loved living creatures. I see true beauty far beyond that which humans are capable of, in the eyes of more innocent creatures, all shapes and spiders. Purity embodied. I have preferred animal company since childhood:
From the age of 2 I lived with my Mum, who is totally nuts and violent (though she does care about animals somewhat) and because of that the most stable character in my life was a cat called Shelley. She is my angel-saint.
I was a very depressed and insecure child, for obvious reasons above, and I tried so hard to do right by other humans, such as my mother, but was always punished so that nothing ever seemed good enough.
I almost killed myself when I was 7 and many times I wanted to do so over the years but I always told myself that I couldn't bare to lose Shelley's wonderfully therapeutic company in the physical world.
She was a stunningly beautiful cat (who sadly passed away recently) and she literally saved my life with her pure and innocent love and affection.
ONLY ANIMALS HAVE EVER SHOWN ME UNCONDITIONAL LOVE: NO MATTER HOW UPSET/ILL/GRUMPY THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU IF YOU SHOW THEM THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THEM TOO.

So to me, other animals are like children. Simple, pure and flowing with love if treated correctly. And the abuse of such creatures is despicable beyond all sin.

I was forced to eat meat as a child and have been persecuted in school for being vegan as a teen (to the point that I left before completing my qualifications). I am generally much more mentally healthy now but when I used to get depressed I would have hallucinations of animal suffering on farms and in animal testing laboratories and subsequently struggled to go outside. The 'charities' in the Uk which are actually masked animal testing farms (such as Cancer Research and the British Heart Foundation) are everywhere and cosmetic brands and animal food products are on every street corner.
I truly feel the emotional pain of those creatures (being an extremely empathic person) but still 'humans' cannot even be considerate of MY feelings on the subject, another human, let alone be considerate of the physical feelings of pain and agony, anguish and hopelessness which they create in trillions of other living creatures in the shapes and forms of other species. This sickens me to the bone.

I know very little about what goes on at the establishments of cruelty (and chose now to find out more because I couldn't mentally withstand such information) but the phenomenal scale terrifies me. If there ever is a judgment day the human race will be in for a nasty shock, I think.

DISCRIMINATING BETWEEN HUMAN RIGHTS AND ANIMAL RIGHTS IS NOTHING BUT NAZI-IST SPECIESISM.

FINALLY: CARNIVOROUS ANIMALS WHO KILL TO SURVIVE DO SO IN INSTINCT: THIS IS AN EVOLUTIONARILY LOGICAL FACT AS THOSE WHO DEVELOPED A GUILT COMPLEX ABOUT KILLING WOULD HAVE STARVED AND NEVER PASSED ON THEIR GENES - PROOF THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE OF THIS LEVEL AND SO CAN BE FORGIVEN THEIR BRUTALITY AS THEY 'DO NOW KNOW BETTER'.

HUMANS HOWEVER, HAVE DEVELOPED A COMPLEX CONSCIENCE WHICH IS EVOLUTIONARY PROOF THAT WE CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT ANIMAL SOURCED FOOD. THEREFORE IT IS PURELY THE SELFISH WANT TO SATISFY TASTE BUDS AND THE BLIND LUST OF 'CONFORMITY' WHICH CAUSE HUMANS TO MISTREAT OTHER ANIMALS. AND THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE.

On a more positive note: I have loads of vegan recipes that I would love to share if anyone would like to message me about this (anya_steward-hubbard at hotmail.co.uk).
Many of these recipes include greens in a way which tastes nice (as I don't like the taste of plain greens) meaning that you can get plenty of Iron without eating 'rabbit food'.

VegeTexan
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Welcome to our forum, GirlWithAConscience.
Glad to have you with us.

sitting_vegan
03-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Welcome, thank you for sharing your story. :daisy:

bluedawg
03-28-2008, 08:58 PM
welcome to VRF, GirlWithAConscience! :sunny:

KaliMama
03-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Welcome! :cool:

Emiloid
04-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Welcome to VRF! Feel free to post a few recipes here, too. We have a pretty good recipe forum, and I'm sure your contributions would be appreciated and appropriately drooled-over. :)

Oh, I edited your post so that your email address is less likely to be hijacked by spammers. Legitimate people can still read it, of course.

See ya!

Provoked
04-02-2008, 07:54 AM
GirlWithAConscience...... moved by your story. The unconditional love from animals - know what you mean :)

Welcome!!!:)