PDA

View Full Version : my story

ifer
03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I first decided to become vegan about 6 years ago (age 19) after my father was diagnosed with cancer (he is fine now) and I was researching ways to prevent it online. I stumbled across the vegan diet and then came across all of the ethical, environmental, and heath benefits of the diet. I immediately gave up red meat and decided to work my way towards vegan gradually so I would stick with it. A month later I became a vegetarian and 2 months later I went vegan.

VegeTexan
03-28-2008, 01:43 PM
That's seeing the light pretty durn fast.
Welcome to VRF.

KKB
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Glad to hear that your father recovered... undesirable/unexpected circumstances sometimes catalyze positive lifestyle changes. Your story is inspirational!

Emiloid
03-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Welcome! Was it easy to understand the ethical implications of consuming animal products? I know for me it was easy after a certain point, but I resisted and made excuses for a number of years before it finally sunk in and made going vegan inevitable. Everyone is different of course! What was it like for you? Were you already sort of thinking about it? Did you have some previous experience with the ideas and/or lifestyle?

sitting_vegan
03-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Welcome! Glad you are here.

KaliMama
03-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome, ifer! I'm glad that your dad is okay, and that his struggle led you to veganism. :cool: