PDA

View Full Version : Dishwashing detergent

animaladvocate22
02-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I switched from Cascade to Seventh Generation because I wanted something natural and something that didn't smell like chlorine.

But the Seventh Generation isn't getting my dishes clean, and it leaves powder on them. What kinds of detergents do you guys like to use in your dishwasher?

DTN
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
I had that same problem with Seventh Generation. I switched to Bio-Kleen powdered automatic diswashing detergent and it's awesome. It smells wonderful and gets my glasses sparkley.

walrus
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
i like the trader joe's stuff. a lot. it cleans good, it smells good (the orange stuff anyway) ... do you have a TJ's nearby?

animaladvocate22
02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I have a Trader Joe's about a half-hour from my house. But I was there two weeks ago and vowed not to return. The selection was bad, and it took a long time to check out.

I'm gonna stick with my overpriced Whole Foods. :) Thanks, though.

Drugstore.com sells Bi-O-Kleen, so I may check that out.

walrus
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
FINE! I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO BUY ANY TRADER JOE'S STUFF ANYWAY!!!!!!

tee hee. just kidding.

DTN
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I bought my Bio-Kleen at Kroger for $8. Not sure if you have Kroger where you live...

Miso Vegan
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Wait, are we talking a dishwasher, or hand washing? I did not like the powdered 7th Gen for the auto dishwasher, although adding Earth Friendly Products' dishwasher Rinse helped.

lamb
02-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Has anybody tried method brand from target? i like their handsoap and was curiuos :)

DTN
02-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I've used the Method hand dishwashing liquid, if that's what you mean. The particular one I bought had a poorly designed bottle and I had a hard time squeezing it out once it got low. I've noticed that they've since changed the design. It worked just fine and smelled great, though.