PDA

View Full Version : vegan friendly restaurants/grocery stores...?

Ldeep
01-19-2008, 07:52 PM
i've just moved to uptown (near 33rd and hennepin) and i know there's probably a lot of vegan friendly stuff around. as the semester is starting, i don't have a lot of time to look around so....i'm looking for "ooh, you should go here" types of things. last thursday i ate at chino latino and the seaweed rolls i had were excellent! i'm already in love with that place...i've seen plenty of other restaurants that look promising as well.

i've heard a lot about the wedge coop....is this the best vegan place in the area for groceries?

thanks ;)

Miso Vegan
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Wedge, yes. There's a vegetarian cooperative restaurant. There's also a thread around here somewhere about eating out in the twin cities.

steroidicalkiwi
01-20-2008, 05:35 PM
google these!:
pizza luce
galactic pizza
the vegetarian (if you like indian)
french meadow bakery
the wedge
seward cafe
seward co-op
bravo chinese cafe

or just happycow.net it:
here ya go (http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/minnesota/minneapolis/index.html)

Ldeep
01-21-2008, 06:25 PM
doumo arigatou!

zendogjoe
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
There's a vegan/vegetarian buffet in Bloomington on France Avenue between Southdale and 494. It's call QCumbers and it's in the Centennial Lakes mall. They have a huge salad bar, a fruit bar, homemade soups. Very cool place to eat.

zendogjoe
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
There's a vegan/vegetarian buffet in Bloomington on France Avenue between Southdale and 494. It's call QCumbers and it's in the Centennial Lakes mall. They have a huge salad bar, a fruit bar, homemade soups. Very cool place to eat.

I should have said "vegan/vegetarian-friendly" buffet. Not all their food is vegan or vegetarian. But a lot of it is.

steroidicalkiwi
05-24-2009, 12:04 PM
hard times cafe is a definite must-visit for out-of-towners. it is the cheapest (bring cash, no cards) and most environmentally sane place out here next to galactic pizza and ecopolitan. in the summer mn is gorgeous. you all should visit me and come out for some vegan biscuits and gravy! ;)

Angelikah
05-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Another good place to get good vegan food is Chang Mai Thai in calhoun square. The fried tofu with peanut sauce is killer and they can make most curries vegan, just be sure to ask for it that way. The yellow mock duck curry (made vegan) is favorite of all time ever!