PDA

View Full Version : Australia??

Lacykitten
02-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Hey gang! Going to Australia, just wondering, anyone I might be able to meet?? :)

sambone
02-19-2003, 05:11 AM
you really want to avoid going to Australia, they all sound funny mate. New Zealand is where you want to go... nice country... and no snakes and stuff.

But what do I know, ive never been there...

It must be damn cold in Calgary, im getting cold just thinking bout it. I have a friend there, cool place havent been there in years.

Hows the Calgary Stampede? that shit still happening every year? How bout the Calgary Flames?

mykool
02-19-2003, 06:17 AM
I live in Brisbane, Queensland. What part of Australia are you going to visit? Is there a special occasion for this visit? You will need to make time to visist all the big things (big pineapple, big prawn, big banana, big cow - you want it, we got it).

Lacykitten
02-19-2003, 09:06 AM
sambone - I want to go to New Zealand but the travel people said it's a trip all on it's own.. and we're already going to Australia right now. ;)

Calgary's not too bad right now though! I think it was +4/-1 for a good portion of yesterday.. Not nearly as cold as it's been recently. ;)

The Stampede is good except for the crappy horse racing and whatever other evil stuff they do.. I like to go for the midway stuff, and the rides. I did a Stampede Rodeo protest last summer though! Intend to do one again this year, hopefully my newfound lack of shyness will help me give more information. :)

mykool - we're going to Cairns for my good friend's wedding (May 3rd). So we're going to spend a few days in Cairns. The travel agent suggested making Brisbane our 'center of operations' and getting an apartment for a week there, and then travelling from there.. or something. *laugh* Also going to Tasmania if we can. We'd like to rent a little RV and drive around somewhat too.

So if you're in Brisbane - wanna meet up and say hi?? :)

...and.. what are all the big things? lol? LIke do you have big statues of things or what? I'm clueless and a little frightened of the idea of a giant prawn wandering around. ;)

Delirium76
02-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Can you stick me in your suitcase? My fiance is in Australia and won't be back in America until December. :umm:

Husky Corn Star
02-20-2003, 12:01 AM
Australia is full of Kiwi's anyway :D

Lacykitten
02-20-2003, 03:42 AM
If you want to go in my suitcase, you'll have to get in line. My wife (best girl friend lol), my boyfriend, my boyfriend's roomie/my friend, all want to hitch a ride in my suitcase! Take it up with them! ;)

mykool
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Sure Lacykitten,

That would be cool to meet up with another vegan, I know so few of them. Just private message me and we can arrange to meet somewhere and do something.
I personally don't know what all the fuss is about, but all the tourists seem pretty keen on seeing all the big thigs. They are all just oversized fiberglass replicas, but I will admit they have a unique, hillbilly kind of curiosity about them. You can probably find out more about it on the internet. The big pineapple is not too far from brisbane (it's near my mum's) so if you want to see that it's not too far. There's also a giant macadamia (I reckon it looks more like a big beetroot).
So anyway, just message me or email me if you want someone to point out all the almost interesting (crappy) things in Brisbane, or if you just wanna hang with an Australian and laugh at my accent. :banana: <- big banana

Lacykitten
02-20-2003, 01:33 PM
lol big replicas of stuff.. I think I'll have to see some of those, just because it sounds so funny. :D

Laugh at your accent? Hardly! I'd more likely be sitting there with this dreamy love-struck expression on my face. Ozzie accent's my alltime favorite - it almost puts me into a swoon. ;) *grin*

I can just see myself in Australia for a month.. every time I hear someone talk I'll fall over. lol.

I'll contact you closer to when we'll be leaving, when our dates are all confirmed and everything! Yay! Another veggie to meet, and a 'kool' person too ;)