PDA

View Full Version : knock-off designer purses

eversosweet1013
09-16-2007, 05:37 PM
one of my friends had a purse party today, so of course i felt obligated to go, unsure if i would buy anything. well i saw a knock-off kate spade that was super cute, but there were no tags saying what it was made out of, so i asked the sales rep if she knew if the straps were real or fake leather. she had no idea, and i told her i don't buy real leather so if there was any way she could find out, i'd appreciate it. she made a phone call, and afterwards, said it was definitely fake.

so i bought it.

but i can't help but wonder... if they would lie just to get a sale? and i don't know how to tell if it is or isn't real. i read online somewhere that if the underside is woven or really smooth, it is fake. and the underside is woven. so i'm pretty sure it is fake, but does anyone have a fail-safe method of detecting real/fake leather?

on a side note: i love that i can buy knock-off's and justify it with "i don't buy the real thing cuz i don't buy real leather." cute "designer" purses for way cheaper, and cruelty-free. what a beautiful thing.

vegansmom
09-17-2007, 12:35 PM
I buy vegan bags at a site called efashionhouse.com in the ValueBags Store. If you ever have any questions, you can write to them and they answer emails fast. Plus, they carry a ton of cool bags. Use coupon code OFF10 in the Sale section for an extra 10% off and code OFF20 in the Clearance section for an extra 20% off. The people are really nice there and I think they are Vegan.:drool: