PDA

View Full Version : June 2007 Hamsters

mishka
06-01-2007, 06:02 AM
at 6:00 am it was already a muggy 20 degrees celsius outside welcome to June!

just completed week 6 of C25k.
Day 3 of week 6 is a 5 min walk / 25 min run / 5 min walk.

I pretty much stopped entirely after the 25 min run :p cool down schmool down.

attackferret
06-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Congratulations, Mishka!!!!

I got my splits for BolderBoulder:
Mile 1: 8:55
Mile 2: 10:33
Mile 3: 10:51
Mile 4: 10:45
Mile 5: 10:36
Mile 6: 10:56
Total 10k time: 1:04:35

whee!

mamaquilla
06-01-2007, 03:20 PM
You two are the bomb!

atouria
06-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Awesome ladies!

I walked for 30 min in 90F heat with a 16lb potato strapped to my front. Does that count? :p

He had a UPF sunhat on and I stayed in the shade.

LuC
06-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Awesome ladies!

I walked for 30 min in 90F heat with a 16lb potato strapped to my front. Does that count? :p

He had a UPF sunhat on and I stayed in the shade.

Sure Does! :)

I'm dragon boating tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.

atouria
06-01-2007, 03:53 PM
LuC, that sounds soo fun. Water in general sounds great right about now. I really need to get a swimsuit!

mamaquilla
06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow Atouria, Im impressed, that woulda done me in!

I dont know what I will do yet today, will decide later :)

Flower
06-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Walked for an hour today.

After we come back from our road trip, I think I'm going to do the couch to 5K program. It's been several years since I did it and I'm hoping that it will be easy enough for me so that my calf doesn't act up. If I follow it, it basically forces me to take it easy, so hopefully over time I can be running again. I miss it. :(

bluedawg
06-01-2007, 09:51 PM
is couch to 5k a podcast on iTunes? i did a search but nothing came up, so maybe i'm misunderstanding.

eta: nevermind, i found it under the title "podcasts for running" by robert ullrey.

quagga
06-01-2007, 10:02 PM
The C25K podcasts were put together by a guy following the C25K program, which is interval-based running. It is not a part of the itunes catalog, but is itunes friendly. You can access it at the link below and download either itunes or MP3 versions:

http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html

The podcasts are decent music mixes with an audio cue provided by Ullrey so you know when to start and when to stop running.

For example, week one of C25K follows this pattern:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

You repeat this three times for the week, alternating days. The podcast is nice because it just lets you run without having to watch your watch. Each week increases the running time, while decreasing the walking time, so by the end, like Mishka, you're running nearly the full time. Go Mishka and everyone else!!

ETA: I see that I am too late. Well, while I'm here, here is the link for the entire C25K program:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

bluedawg
06-01-2007, 10:08 PM
thank you quagga! :kiss:

attackferret
06-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Today: Slow paced 4 mile run, my first run since my race - I could tell that I'd raced on concrete and asphalt on Monday. To make up for it, I'm doing a "fun run" tomorrow! Teva is sponsoring a big series (http://www.tevamountaingames.com/)of competitions and parties at Vail, and boy is going to be mountain biking. I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go just to watch the race, but then I saw the run a few hours later and decided to go for it. It's a 3 loop/5k course that promises to be muddy :)

mamaquilla
06-02-2007, 01:15 PM
I have decided to do my own running program since having some issues with myself and the c25K program. I will do a run every two days, intervals run/walk, heavy on the walk with more variety of music :D

Yesterday - walked 25 min
Today - walk/run 1 hour (intervals of run/walk for 30)
Yoga - 10 min.

Flower
06-02-2007, 03:39 PM
I've done my own running program before, mamaq. It's worked great! It's really close to C25K, but with some variations that I felt more comfortable with. Best of luck to you with it!

LuC
06-03-2007, 09:04 AM
1 1/2 hour yoga yesturday.
1 1/2 mixed intervals on the treadmill today.

bluedawg
06-03-2007, 12:18 PM
i still haven't been working out, but i've been walking when i can.

friday:
did errands on foot (.85 miles)

saturday:
walked to dinner and back after a concert (.75 miles-ish)

inconformista
06-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Yesterday: about 7.75 miles running (in the rain!:silly: )
1 mile of on road/off road unicycling (sidewalks are for the weak)

Today: maybe unicycle? right now I'm eating tofu-pie and sitting on my butt.

attackferret
06-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Ooh, unicycling? I've had a unicycle for years and have never had the discipline to learn how to ride the darn thing. The last time I tried, it was inside and I knocked over one of boy's plants :embarr: Hehe, maybe that's what I should do in my week off before I move back home - finally learn to ride it :)

Any tips?

inconformista
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Ooh, unicycling? I've had a unicycle for years and have never had the discipline to learn how to ride the darn thing. The last time I tried, it was inside and I knocked over one of boy's plants :embarr: Hehe, maybe that's what I should do in my week off before I move back home - finally learn to ride it :)

Any tips?

1.) Wear a helmet and tennis shoes.
2.) To get on, hold onto a nearby stable object. Then, put on of the pedals close as you can to the ground, and step on it with your opposite foot.
3.) Hold onto a wall or truck or something until you feel like you can ride well enough to do without.

Check Youtube. They may have instructional videos. Good luck!:happy:

rick green
06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I went to play hoops at the park today. It was fun, but the neighbors across the street started shooting guns. Not at anybody... I guess just into the air--for "fun." Not cool. I think they're drug dealers or gangbangers or both. The cops are always cruising by. And dudes come to the park from over there crazy high. I kind of wish there were another park nearby where I could play. Meh.

mamaquilla
06-03-2007, 09:18 PM
uhg, Im so sorry rick green

rick green
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks, I thought it was pretty scary. Some guys who were playing told their kids to move to the other side of the park and there was a brief stoppage in play, but apart from that, it was business as usual. (For which I was glad because I was still waiting to play, but I wondered, "How often does this bulls*** happen out here?")

mamaquilla
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Walked - 30 min
Itty bitty bit of stretching :)

bluedawg
06-03-2007, 11:03 PM
rick green, that sounds extremely scary. i'm glad nothing awful happened. :umm:

rick green
06-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Me too! I was thinking, "I should leave now." But I parked across the street in the vacant lot next door to the shooters and I didn't want to get caught in any crossfire. Lousy freekin' guns, lousy war on drugs, lousy ignorant people. :mad:

veganella
06-04-2007, 05:50 AM
Day-um, Rick. Where do you live again? That's crazy.
I just spent the last 3 days in Maryland, having a much needed girl's weekend with my best friend. We didn't do anything for exercise other than eat a lot of food (so, my biceps got lots of up & down motion, my jaw's pretty well worked out too). We did walk around a lot, checking out yard sales. I don't think that counts. Time to jump back on the hamster wheel! Sigh.

rick green
06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
That was is the notoriously decadent fleshpot of Leesburg, FL.

veganella
06-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Running away from there would count as exercise, too :)

mamaquilla
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
:laugh: veganella

Walked - 45 min
Yoga 10 min

I have yet again decided to change what Im doing running wise. Not gonna do it :D It hurts, so maybe in little spurts while doing walks, but thats about it :silly: or after I get that book attackferret suggested, Ill reconsider :silly:

mishka
06-05-2007, 06:04 AM
good idea, mq. If it hurts, something is wrong and you shouldn't do it. Good for you for giving it a fair shot, though!

This morning I went out to do week 7 of C25k. But I developed menstrual cramps 1/4 of the way through. After pushing on, I stopped at the halfway mark and walked home. Meh. I'll try again tomorrow after I take something for the cramps.

mamaquilla
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks Mishka!

Glider - 40 min
itty bitty bit of stretching :)

Chijou_no_seiza
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm embarrased to say I only got through 1/2 the C25K program Week 1 day 1, followed by 5 minutes of walking. I am so not used to running I got a side cramp and breathing was making it hurt :embarr:. I am not going to give up though, I'll try again in two days. I figure the first few weeks might be the hardest to overcome but then it gets easier... right? :uhoh:

quagga
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Go chijou! One rule of C25K is that you can repeat weeks as much as you need to. Don't be in a hurry.

Here is something that someone wrote on a running board: (http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum3/HTML/049818.shtml)

Every few months I feel the need to post a simple message--slow down. Walk/Slog(slow jog)/Run EZ,Walk some. Write down a simple goal: "I want to run the rest of my life." If you adopt that goal there is no hurry to run your first race or first marathon--you have the rest of your life.

Make running fun. Make it play. Don't take yourself too seriously. Relax. The folks who have been out here running for 3/4/or 5 decades have figured it out. I don't know too many though--because most do too much--too soon--too fast and join the world's largest running club--"I used to run but....club".

I recently celebrated my 31st running anniversary--currently at 63,700+ miles and love it as much--if not more--than I ever have. I plan on being at the starting line in early December to run the Huntsville Rocket City marathon to commemorate my first marathon there back in 1977. I have a feeling there won't be a whole lot of folks who were there back then and have had a steady 31 +yr running career. I hope I am wrong.

My point: I feel the main reason I am still out on the roads is that I was lucky to get some decent genes and always wanted to be a life-time runner. I have consistently trained at 2-3 minutes slower than my race pace. I often walk/run on my long runs. I take 1-2 (or more) rest days per week. They are sacred.

mamaquilla
06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Yay Chijou!!!!

Walked - 35 min. with Miso and Starfish :happy:

Flower
06-06-2007, 06:14 PM
It gets easier, Chijou. :) When I first started that program, I thought my lungs were going to burst during the first few weeks.

mamaq- run/walk intervals are very, very good exercise! :yes:

mamaquilla
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Lets hope so, I just read an article in Prevention that was singing them interval's training praise! :silly:

Flower
06-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Lets hope so, I just read an article in Prevention that was singing them interval's training praise! :silly:

Yup! I've read many articles on intervals & their benefits. :thumbsup:

Emiloid
06-07-2007, 12:21 AM
My arms are sore from pushing kids on swings yesterday. :rolleyes: I definitely need to do some pushups and stuff. Or maybe just do some pottery!

Chijou_no_seiza
06-07-2007, 12:42 AM
My arms are sore from pushing kids on swings yesterday. :rolleyes: I definitely need to do some pushups and stuff. Or maybe just do some pottery!

were they particularly large kids..? It makes a difference ya know! :p

veganella
06-07-2007, 06:41 PM
lunch break, I hit the gym:
15 minutes of weights/resistance/sit ups
15 minutes elliptical
bit o'stretching

mishka
06-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Chijou, it definitely gets easier. Just a few weeks ago, I struggled to run for 10 minutes at one time but this morning, I completed day 1 of week 7! That's 25 minutes!

There's no rush. Take your time. It will happen, and you'll feel so good!

mamaquilla
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Walked - 50 min.
Yoga - 10 min.

Emiloid
06-08-2007, 11:02 AM
were they particularly large kids..? It makes a difference ya know! :p

They're first-graders, but they sure aren't small! I think kids are bigger than they were when I was that age.

Jessica
06-08-2007, 09:40 PM
The lump that is myself moved today.

It has been almost 7 weeks since I stopped my 3-days-a-week working out cold tofurky.

I haven't felt like going to the gym lately, and I still don't. So today I did a 33 minute walk/jog interval dvd. (Remind me next time to put a bra on beforehand. Cripes.)

Then I did 1,000 crunches in 18 minutes, and 25 leg-up-curl-things* in 2 minutes after the dvd.

*I don't know what these are actually called. I've never known. Where you lie on your back, bring your knees to your chest, extend your legs up at a 90 degree angle from your body, and lower them kind of like a reverse leg lift as close to the ground as you can get them, then bring them back to your chest and repeat.

Flower
06-08-2007, 09:47 PM
That's great, Jessica! I've had long spurts of being lazy and it's always so hard to get going again.

I've really got to start posting in this thread every day, but I feel so boring & repetitive.

Anyway, today Mr. Flower & I walked Emma for 2 hours. :)

mamaquilla
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Yay Jessica, Im so glad you are back!!!

Good grief Flower, I take it you cant stand my posts then :silly: ;)

Walked - 1 hour 10 min

Chijou_no_seiza
06-09-2007, 12:29 AM
medium pace walking: 35 minutes (45 if you count 10 of getting lost :p)

I apparently pulled a leg muscle while running. It will randomly have a tightening painful episode even when I'm not even using my leg (like browsing on vrf). So I decided not to run on it until that goes away.

But walking stretched out me out and made my side cramp come back, man I am so outta shape, but it felt good to stretch my legs! :happy:

veganella
06-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Then I did 1,000 crunches in 18 minutes, and 25 leg-up-curl-things* in 2 minutes after the dvd.

Seriously? 1000 crunches? Damn! I did 50 situps (well, they're more like crunches I suppose, b/c I used a yoga ball instead of lying on my back on the floor) two days ago and my abs are still all sore. You're awesome!

Flower
06-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Good grief Flower, I take it you cant stand my posts then :silly: ;)

No, I don't mind them at all! I love reading everyone elses. It's inspiring. :)

LuC
06-09-2007, 10:09 AM
1 1/2 hour yoga
1 hour summit climb on treadmill

mishka
06-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Walked 5 km through the city

Jessica
06-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Seriously? 1000 crunches? Damn! I did 50 situps (well, they're more like crunches I suppose, b/c I used a yoga ball instead of lying on my back on the floor) two days ago and my abs are still all sore. You're awesome!

Crunches are easier and a lot faster than sit ups, though.

attackferret
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
thanks inconformista! My last day of work is Tuesday, so I think maybe I'll try to one wheel it a bit more over my next few weeks here.

I was just in boy's hometown in Minnesota, and we rode 26.4 miles on thursday on mountain bikes (but mostly on turf or paved trails, only a little single track) and 16 miles on friday (where I rode entirely on paved trails with my knee wrapped - apparently lots of cycling really does aggravate it a bit). We also did short nature hikes with binoculars both friday and today. I should probably go running today, but I really don't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow in between shifts, if I'm not napping the whole time.

Flower
06-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Today-

2 hours & 10 minutes of walking & hiking

veganella
06-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Crunches are easier and a lot faster than sit ups, though.

Yeah, but, but....1000??? **shakes head in awe**
I wouldn't even want to count that high :)

mamaquilla
06-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Walked - 1 hour

Flower
06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
walked for 1 1/2 to 2 hours today (didn't keep track)

Chijou_no_seiza
06-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Ok so I completed 3/4 of the week 1 day one C25K. I say 3/4 because I walked through 2 runs, heh, and then started and finished up the session including the cool down. My face was flushed for an hour, heh!

so today:
30 minutes mostly walk/"run"
and 35 minutes stretching/light weights

LuC
06-11-2007, 05:09 AM
yesturday -

1 1/2 hour on treadmill

mishka
06-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Saturday - walked another 5 km through the city for a total of 10 km.

this morning - completed day 2 of week 7 of C25k. Day 2 was actually a little easier than day 1 of week 7. The system works! :silly:

attackferret
06-11-2007, 10:44 AM
yesterday: ran four slow miles.

p.s. yay mishka!

Flower
06-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Yay chijou & mishka!!! :banana:

I'm really starting to look forward to doing this program over again. I'm going to take some liberties with it, though.

mamaquilla
06-11-2007, 12:33 PM
:cartwheel: Mishka and Chijou!!! Yay you guys :happy:

Jessica
06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
I ended up coming home last night after work and doing the 33 minute walk/run interval DVD and 1,000 crunches and 25 of those leg-up-curl-things. Go me, considering it was 2-3 am and I still got to bed by 4:30.

mamaquilla
06-11-2007, 01:03 PM
woot woot...GO JESSICA :sunny: :banana:

Chijou_no_seiza
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Yay chijou & mishka!!! :banana:

I'm really starting to look forward to doing this program over again. I'm going to take some liberties with it, though.

Exactly, that's how I'm not discouraged! I figure, at least I was moving for 30 minutes straight eh? It's more of a guidline anyways ;)

You guys are so sweet! When you are all motivated it helps me stay motivated too :sunny:

Jessica
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I want to find a place to walk/jog/run, then start to work up to running. I'm still infatuated with the idea of running but can't get started. My knees ache just thinking about it & there are no local places to go unless I drive somewhere.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
there are no parks close by? That seems weird.

I just run around my neighborhood. I think I'll move to the park once I am running longer jog/walk ratios, but for now 2 two trips up and down my main street works fine.

Anyparticular reason you can't run around the block?

grog
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I want to find a place to walk/jog/run, then start to work up to running. I'm still infatuated with the idea of running but can't get started. My knees ache just thinking about it & there are no local places to go unless I drive somewhere.

whatever you do, don't run alone, at night, in unlit areas, like someone else i could mention...

Chijou_no_seiza
06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
whatever you do, don't run alone, at night, in unlit areas, like someone else i could mention...

I'm not even going to argue.

mishka
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm fortunate to have a decent park to run through, which is filled with dog people at 6:30 a.m. But when winter comes closer, I won't feel safe running in the morning when it is darker.

Since ramping up my running, I have been ravenous. I've had 2 lunches today and I'm still hungry. Hello - if I keep eating, I won't end up losing weight. :blank:

attackferret
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
I want to find a place to walk/jog/run, then start to work up to running. I'm still infatuated with the idea of running but can't get started. My knees ache just thinking about it & there are no local places to go unless I drive somewhere.Is there a track nearby? You'd have to switch directions every so often because of the camber, but if there aren't any trails it's the next best thing.

Also, do you have a bike? I almost always bike to the spot where I want to run. If you don't have one, there's probably a used bike place somewhere around where you live - all you need is a cheap slow clunker that will get you from A to B.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
well it's week 7, are you noticing any differences Miskha? (Besides the appetite)

mishka
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I have! I have these weird lumps in my legs that haven't been there for a long time. Muscles! :silly: And I notice my lungs feel clearer, and I'm a bit more awake during the day. I've also reduced my caffeine intake, so that might be having an affect on the wakefulness. The leg muscles are my favourite part. Sometimes I flex proudly them and make the boy feel them :)

I really love this sytem. I always gave myself the option to move on to the next level or repeat a week as much as I needed to. But I found, once I finished a week, that I was able to continue with the next week with only a little more effort. The gentle increase really worked for me. And in less than 2 weeks I run my first 5k race!

Chijou and Flower - I think you both have the right idea. Modify the runs as you need to! The most important thing is that you are being active :)

Jessica
06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
there are no parks close by? That seems weird.

I just run around my neighborhood. I think I'll move to the park once I am running longer jog/walk ratios, but for now 2 two trips up and down my main street works fine.

Anyparticular reason you can't run around the block?

I live on a main 5-lane road with no sidewalks. :)

Jessica
06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Also, do you have a bike? I almost always bike to the spot where I want to run. If you don't have one, there's probably a used bike place somewhere around where you live - all you need is a cheap slow clunker that will get you from A to B.

I do have a bike. However the closest park that would have a place to run is probably out near my dad's place which is almost 20 minutes away by car. We don't have nature trails and things like that around here.

There's a neighborhood behind my complex. Aside from my complex locking the back entrance with 2 fences that I'd have to jump, it's not a neighborhood i'd be comfortable walking/running/biking alone in.

I could do it around my complex. It's not set up very ideally, but it would do, i suppose. I dunno.
Ah well. The gym and home it is.

P.S. Note to self: stop being a big whiny baby.

Flower
06-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Walking, 1 1/2 hours

It's been so nice & warm out. Almost 80 today. Woo hoo!! :sunny:

bluedawg
06-12-2007, 01:07 PM
monday:
2 hours dog-walking

tuesday (also known as "holy crap i finally went to the gym day"):
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.52 miles")
30 minutes weights
20 minutes abs & stretching

Flower
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
tuesday (also known as "holy crap i finally went to the gym day")

hee!! You're so super cute. :silly:

bluedawg
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
hee!! You're so super cute. :silly:
awwww. :blush:

i am now going to write this out so that perhaps i feel more accountable: i plan to go to the gym again tomorrow morning, AND on thursday morning.

Jessica
06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Is a cross trainer the same thing as the elliptical?

bluedawg
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
i think so...? the ones i use are like running in place, with moving arm gripper-thingies, and also ramps (under the pedals) that you can move up or down for more resistance.

Flower
06-12-2007, 04:30 PM

:yes:

grog
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
weight lifting.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
weight lifting.

care to... expand?

grog
06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
my muscles will expand.

ok, gym: 4500 seconds.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-12-2007, 05:08 PM
:silly: :p

Jessica
06-12-2007, 05:20 PM
care to... expand?
That's probably his goal. :silly:

attackferret
06-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Yesterday: Boy and I attempted to unicycle for about half an hour. We got funny looks from the neighbors. Today it's raining, but hopefully it stops while it's still light out so we can try again :)

mamaquilla
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Yesterday - Glider - 35 min.

Today - Glider - 45 min
Itty bitty bit of Yoga :happy:

Chijou_no_seiza
06-12-2007, 09:06 PM
today-
1.25 hours of walking/lifting (donations/clothes/food out of boxes)/dragging a cart/running up stairs for the Dorm Move out for Charity

Because I'm doing the Dorm move out on Thursday for 2 hours, and 4 hours Saturday I'm putting my C25K on hold. I really need to be able to carry heavy stuff down and trek around the Dorms, also carrying stuff down 3 flights of stairs on Saturday, so my feet are going to hurt. But I don't want to overwork myself and be useless when they need me the most on Saturday. :)

Jessica
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Cripes people! is a glider the same thing as a crosstrainer/elliptical? :laugh: Or wait, is a glider one of those Tony Little gazelle things? :laugh:

I just did a Leslie Sansone walking DVD, 4 miles/60 min. Woohoo!
Going to do my 1,000 crunches and 25 leg-up-curl things.

mamaquilla
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Heehee, yes the Glider is like a Gazelle thingy except mine was from Craigslist for like 10 dollars :D

Jessica you are a MACHINE! :happy:

Jessica
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Jessica you are a MACHINE! :happy:

I've decided I like doing cardio dvds at home now. I don't have to worry about gym hours, and I can wear a sports bra and roll my shorts up to where my gut & fatty mcfatovich thighs and ass hang out. I look like complete white trash :laugh: I belong on Jerry Springer in this outfit.

mamaquilla
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
that is a great idea, you should audition for him, get veganism mainstream baby :D sacrafice good taste for the cause man! :silly:

Jessica
06-12-2007, 11:43 PM
:laugh:!! I don't know how good I'd make vegans look going on national TV looking like Britney Spears on Dateline.

mishka
06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
day 3, week 7 of C25k. I think week 8 goes up by another 3 minutes. It's fun to think that no so long ago I couldn't even run for 3 minutes. i have proud :)

Flower
06-13-2007, 07:12 AM
I've decided I like doing cardio dvds at home now. I don't have to worry about gym hours, and I can wear a sports bra and roll my shorts up to where my gut & fatty mcfatovich thighs and ass hang out. I look like complete white trash :laugh: I belong on Jerry Springer in this outfit.

This is one of the reasons I like my treadmill. I can get all sweaty & nasty looking and not having to worry about blinding anyone. :p

mishka- you should have proud!

Yesterday I walked for 40 minutes & did a lot of physical work at work. Bah!

bluedawg
06-13-2007, 10:59 AM
mishka, that is super awesome!!! :sunny:

wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.51 miles")

Jessica, i thought of you today while i was working out and i committed this to memory: i use the precor EFX 556 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Precor-EFX-556-Elliptical-Crosstrainer_W0QQitemZ150096665993QQcmdZViewItem). :silly:

mamaquilla
06-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Mishka you are awsome!!!!

Jessica....say it isnt true, LIKE BRITTNEY ON DATELINE :p

Jessica
06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
[B]Jessica, i thought of you today while i was working out and i committed this to memory: i use the precor EFX 556 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Precor-EFX-556-Elliptical-Crosstrainer_W0QQitemZ150096665993QQcmdZViewItem). :silly:

Awesome, my gym has the same kind. They have the crosstrainer ones (with arms) and regular ellipticals with just handles/nonmoving arms.

bluedawg
06-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Awesome, my gym has the same kind. They have the crosstrainer ones (with arms) and regular ellipticals with just handles/nonmoving arms.
ours too. i much prefer the moving arm ones, but we only have a few (i work out at a really small gym) and i get really bummed at people when they sign up for those and then don't bother to use the arm thingies. if they aren't going to use the moving arms, they should sign up for the other ones. jerks. :mad:

mamaquilla
06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Walked - 30 min

attackferret
06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
today: slow 2ish mile walk. my knees are not happy, which is still leftover from biking last week (i, apparently, should have listened to all the doctors who told me biking for fun is DEATH to my knees). i'm hopeful that they'll feel better enough for a run tomorrow.

bluedawg
06-14-2007, 05:37 PM
thursday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.32 miles")
30 minutes weights

Jessica
06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
You must be flying on the elliptical. Do you just go forward? I used to do an hour, 30 minutes forward, and 30 minutes back, and I'd still only get a little over 4 miles. Going backwards slowed me down a little bit, but not that much. I usually was still going much faster than everyone else around me.

bluedawg
06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
heh, i always put those mileage things in quotes because i don't know if i should believe them. :silly:

i think (but i'm not really sure) they do distance based on strides, because it counts my strides as well. i usually do 4000+ strides in that amount of time. also, i don't set the resistance super-high, so maybe that's part of it? i usually do the interval setting, and alternate between 5 and 8. after i'm back in a really solid routine i'll maybe bump that up to 6 and 10 or something, but anyway, it's not like i'm running up a mountain or anything.

and yes, i only do the forward motion. i've done the forward-backward thing a couple of times, but for some reason i stopped bothering with it. i'm not really sure why.

grog
06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
i was going to go for a walk in the park, but its like 100F out, so I only got about 10 feet before i had second thoughts and came inside to play video games, i mean work.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Today I walked/drag stuff/lifted overfilling bags/pushed a cart up this HUMONGOUS hill for 2 hours for the dorm move out for charity (We got so much stuff today :happy: and we weren't even half done, crap). It was hot outside (not 100 though...) and my feet hurt. My biceps feel GREAT though, like I could kick some @ss! 5 hours more on Saturday then I can resume C25K, yay!

Jessica
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
2 mile walk (dvd) plus a little toning.

25 leg-up-curl-things

300 crunches so far. I stopped to go put a mask on my face & to put the dye on my eyebrows. That way it can sit while I finish my crunches before I take a shower.
Gonna go finish the other 700. :D

Jessica
06-16-2007, 12:50 AM
2 miles/30 minutes walking.

I'm confused.

When I input my activity on Fitday, it says that 30 minutes of 4 mph walking = 93 calories burned.

I found an article that uses this formula for 4 mph walking:
(your weight) x .042 x (minutes walked) = calories burned
at 150 lbs x .042 x 30 minutes = 189 calories burned.

The latter seems a bit more realistic, but does anyone know anything about this? and wtf's wrong with fitday?

grog
06-16-2007, 01:54 AM
just don't start throwing up, ok? :worried:

Jessica
06-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Just keeping track, big fella.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-16-2007, 02:29 AM
are you calling my fella big?

maybe grog needs to start posting actual workouts in the hamsters thread.

:silly:

But Jessica, I know that you know that you are obsessive. We worry about you because we :heart: you!

Jessica
06-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Not obsessive at all. Just temporarily logging stuff for an experiment, and trying to be precise.

ETA: ok i'll try to explain it. I typed it earlier but couldn't word it right so I deleted it.
The past couple years I've had a really weird and hard time with my weight. I joined a weightloss program (as a vegetarian) and over 9 weeks only lost 6 pounds with a 1200 (then upping to 1500 to see if that helped) diet. Started gaining weight, my hair started acting up, just total thyroid-issue symptoms. Went to the doctor & had a panel of tests done, they came back fine except for my fasting blood sugar was a little low. I went raw and leveled out. didn't gain weight, but didn't lose any. Went back to cooked vegan after 5 months raw and gained 18 lbs in less than 3 months. For the first 12 weeks of this year, I followed the Body For Life exercise program & didn't lose much if any weight.
To lose a pound of fat you have to have a calorie deficit of 3500.
So I'm trying to document all my food and my exercise so I can compare my expended energy with my caloric intake. Then I should be able to see if I'm losing a pound for every 3500 calories I expend but don't consume. Then I know there's nothing wrong in that area.
If that makes any sense.

bluedawg
06-16-2007, 12:40 PM
friday:
couldn't make it to the gym, but did walk to and from an appointment in a brisk manner (instead of driving). :silly:

saturday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.27 miles")
30 minutes weights

i went to the gym 4 times this week! i've been in a slump of neglect and sloth for MONTHS so i am super excited about this. :sunny:

here's hoping i can keep the streak alive. :silly:

attackferret
06-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Thursday: 3.6 mile run - I finally ran Annie U. White trail, which wasn't difficult - just hard to get to. It's really gorgeous, and running it was on my list of things to do before I leave. Check!

Today I went to go do another thing on my list - summit Green, Bear, and South Bear Peaks in one day. I failed :( It was really hot outside, so I was going slow to begin with, and then when I got up from a break almost at the top of Green, my knees declared that in no way, shape or form were they over their anger at me for biking last week. So instead of summiting I just took a turn to go down about ten minutes from the top. Boo. I'm not sure what my mileage today was - I was going super slow and I was out somewhere between 4 and 5 hours.

mamaquilla
06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Ack, so Ive had a crazy busy week running kids around for end of year activities stuff!

Day before Yesterday - tired out, day off
Yesterday - Walked 25 min
Today - Walked 30 min

Emiloid
06-17-2007, 04:53 PM
This morning I ran about 6 miles (10k?) in 1 hour 15 minutes. It was a great run, too! Last Sunday I only went about 5 miles, but ended up walking at least 1/3 of the time. :umm:

As usual, I've been biking a lot to get around. Also, spasticastic and I have been walking more often to get places. I think we typically walk about three to five miles or so, and we do that a few times a week.

grog
06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Just keeping track, big fella.

I've probably bugged you enough, I'll stop now :) Poke me if I forget and do it again.

going to the gym now. will lift weights.

the end.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Yesterday I finished up doing the dorm move out for 5 hours (9-1)

it was hell! but so worth it :)

walking backwards while pushing a cart full of crap downhill felt like going backwards on the elliptical. hah!

yesterday:
5 hrs
LOTS of walking, running (as the cart flys down the hill with the charitable donations..),pulling, lifting, dragging bags, and pushing carts.

Today:
15 minutes stretching

Luckily my body feels fine I'm just a little worn out so I'll start C25K again on Monday, yay!

ETA: Jessica, I see. No worries then :)

mamaquilla
06-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Glider - 45 min
Walked - 15 min
Yoga - 10 min

:)

Jessica
06-17-2007, 07:10 PM
2.5 miles (30 mins) walking/jogging dvd.

Kat
06-17-2007, 09:48 PM
I walked like three miles home from work today

And work itself is quite a physical ordeal.

Jessica
06-18-2007, 02:35 AM
I think I'm going to start giving myself exercise goals. My current one, as of today, is walking/jogging 15 miles per week (via dvd.) Last week I did 13.5 miles (not too bad for my first week back to exercising in two months). In a week or two, i'll go up to 20 miles. This is new for me because although I've exercised on and off for years, I've never kept track of distances. It's kind of cool.

mishka
06-18-2007, 06:02 AM
This past Saturday: 10k hike

Just finished: week 8, day 1 of C25k. VRFing my C25k runs is part of my cool-down :silly:

I am running my first 5k this weekend - the Toronto Pride and Remembrance run! Only a Pride run would have a beer garden right after the race :rolleyes:

Emiloid
06-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Good for you, mishka!!! You're going to have a great time, I bet. :)
BTW, I had to look up this whole c25k thing: "couch to 5K", right?

mishka
06-18-2007, 10:33 AM
BTW, I had to look up this whole c25k thing: "couch to 5K", right?
:yes:

walrus
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
o.m.g.

i ran last night, which isn't that unusual, but i also did some squats and some lunges before hand. hot damn my legs are sore today.

i also had to ride my bike to the bus stop this morning, and now they are on fire. the bike ride back home is going to be interesting. :umm:

rick green
06-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Cycled 15 miles into town.
Now I'm at the library resting up for the 15 miles back home.

bluedawg
06-18-2007, 08:02 PM
monday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.33 miles")
30 minutes weights
2 hours dog-walking

Chijou_no_seiza
06-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Cycled 15 miles into town.
Now I'm at the library resting up for the 15 miles back home.

ok at first I thought you said 15 minutes, then i realized I was very, very wrong. Great job Rick Green! :thumbsup:

rick green
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Gee thanks. :)
I'm really sore now.
I was racing a thunderstorm on the way home.

Jessica
06-19-2007, 04:18 AM
My stupid alarm decided to change it's radio station to right inbetween stations so when it went off, it didnt' make any noise and I woke up on my own 35 minutes later and didn't have time to do the walk & jog dvd I was going to do before work.

But that's okay cuz instead of getting the 2.5 miles in before work, I came home and did 4. :D

So:

4 miles/60 minutes walk & jog
27 (wasn't paying attention. Meant to do 25 :laugh:) leg-up-curl thingies
100 crunches

mamaquilla
06-19-2007, 10:26 AM
awsome rick green!

Mishka have a FANTASTIC TIME at your 5K

Yesterday - Walked - 50 min with Janey :happy:
Today - 20 min Yoga - later - 30 min on glider or walk :)

eemal
06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
i have finally gotten off my large *dupa* & bought a BIKE. yes, me, the anti-exercise stubborn person.... i have always hated exercise, as far back as i can remember... but now that i'm getting up in years, hubby & i have decided that moving around is essential... so, we went last week & bought us each a bike! we have been riding an hour a day, EVERY DAY (except for rainy days) since. we have found a great little hideaway-- ride about 8 mins down to the cemetery & ride around in there. it's mildly hilly, and quiet, and safe. this area is NOT a bike/walk friendly neighbourhood, but the HUGE cemetery is perfect.
i'm hoping we'll get fit enough to go on long rides, and hubby was wanting to bike to work...(not sure how he can do that safely)--
but i am happy that we've started doing something that is fun & SWEATY!

Jessica
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
2 miles / 30 minutes walking/jogging
100 crunches

some toning/squats/lunges with a band.

rick green
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Way to go eemal!

eemal
06-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Way to go eemal!

bluedawg
06-20-2007, 03:57 PM
that's very cool, eemal! have fun!

wednesday:
30 minutes cross-trainer ("3.18 miles")
30 minutes weights

LuC
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
1 1/2 hours on the treadmill

mamaquilla
06-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Yesterday - Walked 1 hour

Today - Yoga - 20 min
Walked - 40 min
itty itty itty bitty bit of stretching

michiganveganchick
06-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I did some form of excercise tonight.

30 minutes of walking dogs
2.5 hours of various physical stuff around the farm

50 minutes of indoor soccer (counting sub time, it was probably more like 40 minutes of total playing)

Holy crap playing indoor soccer in 76 degree weather feels like a sauna (no A/C, just fans), and there's nothing like running around playing soccer to show you how out of shape you are.

i'm soooo exhausted. i hope I sleep like a rock tonight. And optimistically, I put my gym bag by the door so i can stop on the way home from work tomorrow, if i'm not feeling like the lazy slug i have been.

Jessica
06-22-2007, 03:20 AM
30 minutes walk/jog dvd, 2.5 miles
100 crunches

rick green
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
34 miles of cycling. It was a lot easier than just a couple of days ago. Amazing how quickly the body adapts to stress.

quagga
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Amazing how quickly the body adapts to stress.

The body adapts more easily than the mind.

rick green
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
Ha! Too true.

mamaquilla
06-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Walked - 40 min

Jessica
06-22-2007, 11:12 PM
45 minutes/ 3 miles walk/jog
100 crunches

skyhigh
06-23-2007, 11:48 AM
i jogged a mile yesterday.... i love jogging.
but the best way to jump start myself is my beloved DDR max/ dance dance revolution. it is so much fun and makes me sweat and pushes me out of my comfortzone in an awesome way....
then again i really need to get back into playing hackisack. i had a record of 55 consecutive kicks about a year ago but due to neglect i am not getting anywhere close to that anymore... i just love the whole idea of hackisack, it's tiny, you can do it anywhere, it allows personal expression, you can play it with others, it's funny....... just the simplicity of it....all-time favorite.

that's it.... i'm gonna get away from my computer now. but i have to say, before i leave that i really like the vibe i get from you all, very peaceful, playful, respectful and intelligent..... :) ..... blessings

grog
06-23-2007, 11:55 AM
i love hackisack.

i gots on one to play with :(

Chijou_no_seiza
06-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Tu:
C25K - I finished W1D1 completely finally yay!
35 minutes stretching/light weights

Wed:
45 minutes stretching/light weights

Fri:
C25K W1D2
20 minutes stretching

Grog. I'll play hackisack with you :)

LuC
06-23-2007, 02:45 PM
1 1/2 yoga (there was some meditation in there)
1 hour hill climb on the treadmill

bluedawg
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
couldn't go to the gym on friday or saturday because of the sickness, but i did drag myself out to a local "strawberry fest" and i walked around for at least two hours... i guess i'll count that. better than nothing!

Jessica
06-23-2007, 09:54 PM
30 minutes/2.5 miles walk & jog
100 crunches
25 leg-up-curl things.

I did 16.5 miles of walking/jogging this week. YAY ME, I was aiming for 15.

LuC
06-24-2007, 08:48 AM
1 1/2 hour hike in the park

mishka
06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Yesterday:

my first 5k race! We're still waiting for the results to be posted, but I think I did it in about 36 minutes, which is much longer than I'd expected I do. There were many contributing factors: having a few drinks the night before, running a route that is much different than my normal route (there was little shade), starting off too quickly, having more on my stomach than I'm used to (I'm used to running on nearly an empty stomach) and I had some bowel cramps from the falafel I ate the night before. Meh. I just know much better for next time!

The rest of the day was spend walking home from the race (about 4k) and then walking around all afternoon. Today will also be spent walking around downtown, taking in the Pride festivities.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-24-2007, 02:44 PM
yay mishka!!

Jessica
06-24-2007, 02:50 PM
2 miles/30 minute walk/jog
toning/squats/lunges with a band

Congrats Mishka!

mamaquilla
06-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Yay Mishka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday - 20 min Yoga
approx 30 min rushing about Koboto Gardens trying to find/catch up with tour before Miso Wedding, never finding them, meeting up with Vegit then walking about at a normal pace trying not to stalk wedding party having pre-wedding pic's taken :silly: in GORGEOUS WEATHER NO LESS :happy: :happy: :happy:

LuC
06-24-2007, 06:13 PM
That's great mishka! :)

Chijou_no_seiza
06-25-2007, 03:17 AM
yesterday (technically):

C25K Week 1 Day 3

I'm debating whether to move forward to the next week. My lung's feel fine when I run and now I recover very quickly. But I still get painful sidecramps on say the 6th run, then they sorta go away and come back at the very end. It's been alternating sides too, on my last run it hurt on the other side for the first time :confused:. I'm unsure if kicking it up a notch will help more than it will hurt. What do ya'll think?

mishka
06-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Can you move up to the next session, but run much slower? I found slowing down helped me with cramping.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-25-2007, 10:57 PM
thanks mishka, that's a good idea! I will try that tomorrow! :)

Today:
50 minutes walk to/in/from park (and short pit stop to chill with the ducks :cool:)
45 minutes stretching/light weights

Finding time to exercise is a lot easier when you are bored and have nothing to do! :silly:

Jessica
06-26-2007, 10:30 PM
5 miles/60 minutes walk & jog.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
where did you end up walking and jogging Jessica?

mamaquilla
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
yesterday -
Yoga - 5 min
Glider - 25 min
Walked - 30 min

Today -
Yoga - 20 min
Walked - 35 min

Jessica
06-26-2007, 11:47 PM
where did you end up walking and jogging Jessica?

In my living room. :happy:

mishka
06-27-2007, 05:58 AM
attempted week 9, day 1 of C25k, but I could only run for 15 minutes. It is stinky hot and humid and my legs are a bit sore still from Saturday's run. I'll try again tomorrow or Friday. My fear is, now that I've completed the race, that I may lose interest in running. That and the increasingly hot weather kills me.

Flower
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
couldn't go to the gym on friday or saturday because of the sickness, but i did drag myself out to a local "strawberry fest" and i walked around for at least two hours... i guess i'll count that. better than nothing!

I wish I could have gone to that! I got the email on it and it sounded so much fun. Strawberries + festival= yummy fun fun. :silly:

Flower
06-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Yesterday:

my first 5k race! We're still waiting for the results to be posted, but I think I did it in about 36 minutes, which is much longer than I'd expected I do. There were many contributing factors: having a few drinks the night before, running a route that is much different than my normal route (there was little shade), starting off too quickly, having more on my stomach than I'm used to (I'm used to running on nearly an empty stomach) and I had some bowel cramps from the falafel I ate the night before. Meh. I just know much better for next time!

The rest of the day was spend walking home from the race (about 4k) and then walking around all afternoon. Today will also be spent walking around downtown, taking in the Pride festivities.

Congratulations, mishka! :sunny:

Chijou- when you get a cramp in your side, try this. When the foot opposite the side of the cramp goes forward, exhale forcefully. I read about this somewhere (can't remember where) and it helps me a lot. You need to do it for a while before the cramp goes away, though. I'd say about 10 exhales.

Chijou_no_seiza
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM
wow thanks for the tip flower, I will try that!!

yesterday:

C25K Week 2 Day 1
stretching 20 minutes (grog interupted by calling me :rolleyes: :silly:)

I think I went too easy on the run since I didn't get a side cramp till the end on the last run. And it seemed much easier than all my previous runs.

However today my thighs are sore... so I guess it was a bit of a workout even though I didn't "feel" it. :happy:

I am really digging the program, it's my own little personal trainer complete with motivating phrases in a small shiny device. It's very convenient and I like the music too hehe :)

And Jessica how many laps did that take you? :silly: that seems like a lot of circles around your living room, unless your living room is very large... :)

Jessica
06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
And Jessica how many laps did that take you? :silly: that seems like a lot of circles around your living room, unless your living room is very large... :)

I did a 30 minute 2.5 mile walking/jogging dvd twice. Most of it was in place, or forward and back, except for when I get goofy and chase my cats.

bluedawg
06-28-2007, 06:29 PM
congratulations on the 5K, mishka!! :sunny:

Flower, you've never been to strawberry fest? you'll have to go next year, for sure. :yes: then you can stop in the deeeeelicious candy shop with the vegan chocolates and the massive vegan nonpareils! :silly:

hee, i shouldn't probably post that in the hamster thread. i'm still benched on accounta the sickness. :sick:

Flower
06-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Flower, you've never been to strawberry fest? you'll have to go next year, for sure. :yes: then you can stop in the deeeeelicious candy shop with the vegan chocolates and the massive vegan nonpareils! :silly:

hee, i shouldn't probably post that in the hamster thread. i'm still benched on accounta the sickness. :sick:

No, I haven't. I've never even heard of it until I got Kim's email. Next year, for sure, though!

I've been lazy since I got back from Arizona. I've finally caught up on my 'to do' list and am going to take a few days to recuperate. Sunday is the beginning of a new week and a new month, so I'm gonna start doing running intervals again in a bastardized sort of C25K way. :)

Chijou_no_seiza
06-28-2007, 06:35 PM
yesterday:
55 minutes walking (and brief running from duck)

My shoulder is KILLING me, I twisted it weird yesterday (probably running from the duck...), so I hope I can run tomorrow :(

you can do it flower!!

Flower
06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Maybe it was the fluffy sensation that hurt your shoulder. :p

Really, though, I just love that. You're adorable, Chijou. I'm sorry you're shoulder is hurting, though. :( I hurt mine bad at work this last fall and it still isn't the same. :umm:

Chijou_no_seiza
06-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Flower, that's terrible you should get it looked at!

:laugh:

and thank you :kiss:

My friend said "I guess no matter how much you love animals they won't necessarily love you back." haha.

Flower
06-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Flower, that's terrible you should get it looked at!

:laugh:

and thank you :kiss:

My friend said "I guess no matter how much you love animals they won't necessarily love you back." haha.

:laugh: at what your friend said.

I think it's just scar tissue that has to heal now. It's hard, though, because my job gets quite physical. That's another reason I'm hoping to get the promotion I posted about in the "yay me" thread. No more heavy lifting! *fingers crossed*

Chijou_no_seiza
06-28-2007, 06:43 PM
:crosses fingers with you:

ETA: can I count ^that^ as exercising for the day? :silly:

Flower
06-28-2007, 06:45 PM
ETA: can I count ^that^ as exercising for the day? :silly:

:no:

:p

Jessica
06-28-2007, 09:32 PM
5 miles/60 minutes walk & jog

mamaquilla
06-29-2007, 12:17 AM
yesterday - day off
today - walked - 29 min
glider - 30 min

mishka
06-29-2007, 06:05 AM
I did it! A full week 9, day 1 of C25K!

Good luck, Flower!

Chijou, I think it's great you took it easy. As long as you keep moving and using your muscles, it's doing your body good :) It'll keep you motivated to continue. Cramps will just make you dread running.

Emiloid
06-29-2007, 10:37 AM
You folks rock! God job everyone, and congratulations to mishka on your first race!

I missed running last weekend, but spas and I went for a lot of really long walks, so I got some exercise, fresh air, and sunshine. :)

mamaquilla
06-29-2007, 11:02 AM
:banana: Mishka!

Chijou_no_seiza
06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
mishka you inspire me! :)

mishka
06-29-2007, 04:54 PM
mishka you inspire me! :)
:blush: you're too sweet. The thing that keeps me going is actually noticing that my butt is a little higher than it was 2 months ago. :silly:

Flower
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Go, mishka, go! That's so awesome. :thumbsup:

mamaquilla
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
:) Rode stationary bike - 22 min.

Chijou_no_seiza
07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
:blush: you're too sweet. The thing that keeps me going is actually noticing that my butt is a little higher than it was 2 months ago. :silly:

:silly:

:laugh: :laugh:

Yesterday grog and I walked from 1:30-6 with a lunch and desert break in between to downtown Chico. It was such a long freaking walk I couldn't do my C25K, and was equally too lazy to to it today. Tomorrow though! :D

Thankfully my shoulder was just a pinched nerve from sleeping weird at night (not from running away from the duck, thank goodness :blush:) and feels waaay better than a few days ago.