PDA

View Full Version : Best Vegan Bakery in seattle

MattMorris
12-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I am so pleased to say that I found a great bakery in Seattle that has the most wonderful vegan baked good around. I get totally bummed out trying to find a vegan alternative for my sweet tooth. Most things are bland and the texture is not what it shoud be. Well folks, my problems are solved. Julias Bakery in Seattle--was called the Wallingford Bakery, has the best vegan baked goods that I have ever tasted. They do a cookie that is to die for, called the Vegan Trail cookie. It is there most popular item, even to non-vegans. They have such a large selection of thing, all worth a visit. They so wholesale and supply many local area coffee shops. I talked to the manager, chris, and it it his dream to offer a vegan baked good package for mail-order. Look for it and support them in what they are doing

Thank's guys and keep up the good work.
I have posted the information for them.

Thanks,

matt

Julias Bakiery
4405 Wallingford Ave. N.
seattle, Wa. 98103

Phone #206-547-3203
Fax# 206-633-5208

bekah-chan
03-19-2007, 07:40 PM
fyi, cinnamon works is really good too.
it's not entirely vegan, but most of the stuff is.
their vegan snickerdoodle cookies are scrump-dilly-umptious.
the banana bread is really good too.
it's at the pike place market, it's on the same side as the 'original starbucks', just a little further down.

Emiloid
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Ha! I used to live right down the street from this place. (3800 block of Wallingford.) I didn't even know they had vegan stuff... I could have sworn I asked, too. Then again, that was 2003 or so. Anyway, it's cool that they have it now!

The vegans are taking over Seattle!

Miso Vegan
03-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Well, that guy was a spammer, so let me tell you my "vegan bakery" experience. It was suggested I call Julia's/Wallingford Bakery for a wedding cake.
I called, and spoke to The Baker. She offers only two: carrot, and chocolate. She tried to tell my I wouldn't want chocolate, it'd get in my teeth and on my white wedding dress.
Then she said I could come any day and buy a slice of the carrot, but I'd have to call in advance to have her make the chocolate to buy a slice. BUY? (Standard for wedding cakes is a free tasting.)
Then she said, oh, and she only makes sheet cakes, with plain frosting (cream cheese for carrot cake, chocolate for chocolate cake), no decorations.

And finally she added that they don't deliver to the wedding site. "That's usually the information that makes brides choose another bakery," she said. :blank:

MattMorris
03-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Thanks for calling me a spammer. I thought this was a place that we vegans can express our selfs. I am sorry that you were unable to have them supply your cake but in no way does that constitute your bitter responce. I have had a cake made by them for my wifes birthsay and I was able to get what I wanted. They don't deliver due to the possible errors when it comes with delivering a delicate cake but othe than that it was a great cake. I have been going there for over 2 years and it is hard to believe that they would give you that kind of treatment. I am a loyal customer and thought I would post information about them--never did I think that someone would think that I was a spammer

Miso Vegan
03-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Prove me wrong.

dropscone
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
MattMorris - you have to admit it looks a bit suspicious to join a site, proclaim how absolutely wonderful one particular company is and then never ever say anything else again ;)

Sorry you had such poor customer service, Miso Vegan :umm:

CountAgranoff
04-05-2007, 05:19 PM
fyi, cinnamon works is really good too.
it's not entirely vegan, but most of the stuff is.
their vegan snickerdoodle cookies are scrump-dilly-umptious.
the banana bread is really good too.
it's at the pike place market, it's on the same side as the 'original starbucks', just a little further down.

There cookies are ****ing amazing the size of your face. Crazy good. When I was in town for Pans labyrinth I was there when the Vegan Cinnamon buns can out of the oven, steaming and so damn good.

Wow. good ****.

barnzie
05-24-2007, 01:42 PM
sweet. i'm moving to seattle in a couple of weeks, so i'll have to check those places out. there are a few good options here in minneapolis, but i've found the baked goods lacking.