PDA

View Full Version : Peaceable Kingdom Free Screening - 11/27 in Chicago

Omnia
11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Join Mercy For Animals at the Bucktown/Wicker Park Branch Library for a free screening of the award winning film Peaceable Kingdom. For more information, please contact Omnia I., Outreach Coordinator, at OmniaI@MercyForAnimals.org or call (312) 925-3845.

Where: Bucktown/Wicker Park Branch Library (1701 N. Milwaukee Ave.)
When: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

bird
11-26-2006, 12:02 PM
bump because this is tomorrow

Dandelion
11-26-2006, 02:58 PM
thanks for the bump! :kiss:

Omnia
11-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks bird! :)

It is today! Everyone come!

walrus
11-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey Omnia, I'm curious - did you contact Tribe of Heart about the screening? If so, did they give you permission? I only ask because we ran into a huge problem with them earlier in the year and they wouldn't give us permission to show it here in Chico, because they were working on a new version and didn't want the current version shown to the public. Did they give you permission, did you even contact them, or are you just showing it on your own accord?

Which, in my opinion, is bass-ackwards because the movie should be shown. Period. It's too effective to be stuck on a shelf somewhere. But don't get me started on that.

Omnia
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Walrus : I did not contact them. I read on their website that they only needed to be contacted if it would be shown to over 100 people. The max this room fits is 100 and since this is our first event of this type, we are not expecting that many.

I'm excited to see the new version, but I think the current version is just fine as is, and I agree that it needs to be shown to as many people as possible.

I think its probably the most effective film on the topic to show to the public. (I also like Earthlings but think it is WAY to brutal to show at a screening like this...at least for our first one.)

walrus
11-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Walrus : I did not contact them. I read on their website that they only needed to be contacted if it would be shown to over 100 people. The max this room fits is 100 and since this is our first event of this type, we are not expecting that many.
Ah, yeah, their website still says that, but if you contact them they will tell you not to show it. Which is why I'm glad you didn't contact them!

Good luck with your screening, and please update me on how it went. :)

Omnia
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM

Emiloid
11-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Good luck Omnia! Walrus, maybe we should have a sneak-showing at the Pageant again soon? It holds less than 100 people. Officially, anyway. I think.

walrus
11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Good luck Omnia! Walrus, maybe we should have a sneak-showing at the Pageant again soon? It holds less than 100 people. Officially, anyway. I think.
Ah, but remember the reason we didn't do this was because of the unique position I'm in. Meaning, if TOH found out they would tell FS, and I would get in trouble. I mean, that's my fear. I don't know if that's what would actually happen, but I'd rather not lose my job over it.

quagga
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Good luck Omnia! I hope it's standing room only!

Omnia
11-28-2006, 05:03 PM
The event went well! Everyone I talked to who hadn't seen the movie previously said they liked it and were moved by it.

We're definetly planning on showing the new version when it is released.

bird
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Wonderful! Congratulations, Omnia! :happy:

Emiloid
12-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Congtaulations, Omnia!!! :cartwheel:

Ah, but remember the reason we didn't do this was because of the unique position I'm in. Meaning, if TOH found out they would tell FS, and I would get in trouble. I mean, that's my fear. I don't know if that's what would actually happen, but I'd rather not lose my job over it.
D'oh! Yeah, I completely forgot about that small detail. Heh. :rolleyes: